- Updates, Events & Information for the SaddleBrooke One Golfer -
Troy Jewkes, PGA Head Golf Professional
August 4th, 2020
A Look Ahead; the Next 4 weeks on the Courses....
Click on the highlighted events for more information and entry forms
Forms are also available in the Golf Shop
*SBWGA (Lady 18 hole league plays on Tuesday mornings; year round)
*Lady 9ers (Ladies 9 hole league plays on Tuesday mornings; year round)
*Ladies Nine & Wine Group (Ladies 9 hole Group - plays on Wed. afternoons at 2pm; Nov - April only)
*SMGA (Men's 18 hole league plays on Wed. mornings; year round)
*Men's 9ers (Men's 9 hole league plays on Wed. mornings; Nov - Aug only)
GOLF SHOP HOURS
Shop Opens at 6:30am *Shop Closes at 2:00pm
- CREDIT CARDS IN THE GOLF SHOP -
- Currently the Golf Shop will NO longer be accepting Credit Cards as form of payment for any purchases - ( This includes : Green fees, Range Balls, Merchandise sales & other Golf Fees )
- Please CLICK HERE to see more Information and Details
*Checking in, Tee Times & Green Fee Charges - After 2:00pm *
- The Golf Shop closes each day at 2:00pm ; please CLICK HERE to read the procedures on afternoon green fees -
- Please plan ahead and refill your HOA One Range Ball Cards; for access to the range ball machine after 2:00pm in the afternoon
- Afternoon Golfers: if you have a tee time AFTER 2:00pm - Please call or email the pro shop firstname.lastname@example.org to put your green fee charges on your HOA One Account - as the Golf Shop will be closed prior to your tee time
- SAFETY REMINDERS -
Corona virus safety procedures
- Please Call or Email the Golf Shop to Check in to play golf -
- Avoid going inside the golf shop -
Please Click Here for more information
- Avoid standing in close proximity in groups larger than 10 people -
- Check in with your starter; and put your green fees on your house account -
- Stand 6 feet away from your other members of your golf foursome -
- When checking in with your starter; please respect the 6 feet rule -
- Wash your hands often; use alcohol based sanitizer -
- Do not exchange scorecards, pencils & golf balls -
- Leave the pin in the hole when putting -
- Golfers may take their own golf carts when playing golf and ride alone -
- Two Golf Carts must remain the path and two can drive on the grass -
Please CLICK HERE for more information
Temporary Local Rule; Ball coming to Re st in Bunkers
- Effective March 2020 -
Please C LICK HERE to review the Temporary Local Rule for Bunkers
Additional Temporary Local Ruling;
Until Further Notice - LIFT, CLEAN & PLACE
Any golf ball that ENDS UP in abnormally wet &/or muddy conditions; OR picks up mud on the golf ball - anywhere on the golf course - may be lifted, cleaned & then placed behind or adjacent to (left or right) of the original spot; until dry conditions are found - No Closer to the hole - free relief no penalty.
*Shop in the Pro Shop by Appointment*
Private Shopping appointments still available! Email the Pro Shop for an appointment at:
Safe and Sanitized!
INSIDE THE GOLF SHOP
- AUGUST GOLF SHOP SPECIALS -
All Specials begin 7/28/20 through 8/31/20!
*All In Stock Golf Bags Remain at 20% off
*All In Stock Wedges, Putters & Golf Balls all marked down!
How is your Short Game? Need some Help???
CLICK HERE for more Information
GOLF CLUB RAFFLE
$5.00 Raffle for a brand new Callaway Epic Flash Fairway wood
Time to Give Away Another Golf Club!
The Raffle will be drawn in August!!
$5.00 per Ticket; NO Limits on number of tickets one can purchase!
CLICK HERE to Learn more details on the Raffle!!
Tee Time Changes/Chelsea Reminders
*For any changes in players for your group play or changes in tee times - PLEASE EMAIL THE PRO SHOP rather than calling in or making changes in person in the pro shop and creating a back up at the Counter.
**If you do not have a Chelsea number or need help understanding the Chelsea System; please visit the pro shop before 2pm - as the pro shop gets very busy during the morning & daytime hours this time of year, with membership renewals, checking in golfers & answering phone calls.
Email the Pro Shop at - email@example.com
CHELSEA POINTS / TEE TIMES REMINDERS
- If you play 9 holes or 18 holes Chelsea does not place you on the tee sheet according to how many holes you request to play. Chelsea works on average points for the group you are playing with ; it does not matter if you are a threesome or foursome - average number of points determines placement.
- And just like Golf: the lower the points the better the tee times
2020 Golf Fees and Membership Information
The 2020 Golf season is well underway here at SaddleBrooke One but membership options are still available.
Please click the golf ball below for more information or contact the Golf Shop Staff.
* The Lesson Tee *
All of our Golf Instructors are certified PGA Teaching Professionals
Head Golf Professional - Troy Jewkes, PGA
Assistant Golf Professional - Jane Chanik, PGA
Golf Professional - Jay Synkelma, PGA
-PRIVATE GOLF LESSON INFORMATION-
Want to take your game to the next level? Need the advice of a professional? All of the SaddleBrooke One PGA Golf Professionals are available for Individual, Couples or Group golf instruction. Please click the PGA logo below or see the Golf Shop for more information:
For the first time, you can fly over all 27 holes above our three courses. Check out the videos below for a bird's-eye view of SaddleBrooke.
Recently renovated in 2011, the Tucson Nine is regarded as the most challenging of the three courses in SaddleBrooke. The course offers stunning views of the Catalina Mountain range from every hole. This nine is highlighted by hole #4, a strong par 4 requiring a tee shot over a pond to a sloping fairway with gorgeous mountain views in the background. The course challenge lies in the deep bunkers which await an errant shot and the length of the course.
Recently renovated in 2010, the SaddleBrooke Nine offers westward views of spectacular sunsets. This course is characterized not by length but rather by placing a premium on accuracy as is evidence by the signature hole #2 – only 125 yards in length requiring all carry over a pond. The SaddleBrooke Nine is the most requested nine for its fair yet challenging layout.
The newest of all three nines, the Catalina course was recently renovated in 2012. The course features three par 3 holes and plays to a par of 35. The course wanders through natural arroyos and brings the golfer close up views of the Catalina Mountain range. The signature hole #5 is a risk-reward par 5 featuring a second shot which must carry 250 yards to clear the ditch in the fairway. The Catalina Nine offers a wide variety of golf shots and is regarded among residents as the best layout of the three courses.
August 7 , 2020
No Play/Penalty Area Catalina #2
Signs have been placed around the practice facilities to remind everyone about social distancing while using these areas.
In an continuing effort to adjust to the current situation regarding the COVID-19 Virus, temporary adjustments have been made to golf procedures. These are in place to maintain community safety while continuing to offer the ability to utilize the golf courses here at SaddleBrooke One.
2020 Overseeding Dates
The dates are set for overseeding, the order we will do the courses will be determined over the next couple of weeks.
Light Topdressing of Greens
You may have noticed a little extra sand on the greens this week. This is part of our regular maintenance of the Mini Verde Bermudagrass putting surfaces. A light vertical cutting is done ahead of the topdressing. This is done to promote plant health as well as smooth out the putting surfaces from the recent aerification. This practice will be performed on the greens every other week until overseeding.
No Play/Penalty Area on Catalina #2
New No Play/Penalty Area on Catalina #2
This new No Play/Penalty Area on Catalina #2 runs the length of the concrete ditch on the left side of the hole. This area was previously marked as Out of Bounds.
"No Play/Penalty Area" Reminder
"No Play/Penalty Areas" were established on several holes for safety reasons. These areas are designated by a red stake with a green top. Balls must not be played from these areas. Relief must be taken no closer to the hole under Rule 17.1d or 17.2, with a one stroke penalty. Play from one of these areas is subject to a two stroke penalty under Rule 14.7a.
Summer Walking Hours Now In Effect
BEFORE 7:00 am
AFTER 6 pm
-For your safety please follow all posted signage.
Golfers always have the right of way
Please walk on the paths, do not walk down fairways or across greens.
· All pets must be on a leash
· Please clean-up after your pets, the trash cans on the golf course are not to be used to dispose of pet waste.
· Please refer to the weekly walking schedule for additional course availability
Weekly Walking Schedule
Please click on the blue button for this week's schedule
Cart Traffic Update - Entry Gate Suspended for the Summer
The Exit Gate Will Remain for the Summer
Practice Facility Maintenance:
Monday & Wednesday 9:00 am - 10:30 am
The Practice Facility is open for practice from the grass tee. Practice from the grass is based on turf conditions. The Practice Facility will close every Monday and Wednesday from 9:00am to 10:30am for maintenance. This includes the short game area.