- Updates, Events & Information for the SaddleBrooke One Golfer -
Troy Jewkes, PGA Head Golf Professional
October 20 , 2020
A Look Ahead; the Next 4 weeks on the Courses....
- THE 2021 GOLF SEASON MEMBERSHIP FORMS, are NOW AVAILABLE!
Please Click Here to Register On-line; for your 2021 Golf Membership for SaddleBrooke One Golf Club
Forms are also available in the pro shop
*SBWGA (Lady 18 hole league plays on Tuesday mornings; year round)
*Lady 9ers (Ladies 9 hole league plays on Tuesday mornings; year round)
*Ladies Nine & Wine Group (Ladies 9 hole Group - plays on Wed. afternoons at 2pm; Nov - April only)
*SMGA (Men's 18 hole league plays on Wed. mornings; year round)
*Men's 9ers (Men's 9 hole league plays on Wed. mornings; Nov - Aug only)
GOLF SHOP HOURS
Shop Opens at 7:00am Shop Closes at 4:00pm
- CREDIT CARDS IN THE GOLF SHOP -
- Currently the Golf Shop will NO longer be accepting Credit Cards as form of payment for any purchases - ( This includes : Green fees, Range Balls, Merchandise sales & other Golf Fees )
- Please CLICK HERE to see more Information and Details
Tee Times For October
First Morning Tee time will be at 7:30am
First Afternoon Tee time will be at 12:00pm
- SAFETY REMINDERS -
Corona virus safety procedures
- Please Call or Email the Golf Shop to Check in to play golf -
- Avoid going inside the golf shop -
Please Click Here for more information
- Avoid standing in close proximity in groups larger than 10 people -
- Check in with your starter; and put your green fees on your house account -
- Stand 6 feet away from your other members of your golf foursome -
- When checking in with your starter; please respect the 6 feet rule -
- Wash your hands often; use alcohol based sanitizer -
- Do not exchange scorecards, pencils & golf balls -
- Leave the pin in the hole when putting -
- Golfers may take their own golf carts when playing golf and ride alone -
- Two Golf Carts must remain the path and two can drive on the grass -
Please CLICK HERE for more information
Temporary Local Rule; Ball coming to Re st in Bunkers
- Effective March 2020 -
Please CLICK HERE to review the Temporary Local Rule for Bunkers
A VETERAN'S DAY TO REMEMBER
Wednesday November 11th
Benefitting the "Folds of Honor"
18 Hole Golf Event starts at 8am (Tee Times) - OR 9 Hole Golf starts at 9am (Tee Times) - Registration forms available in Pro Shop - spots are filling up very fast
* Color Guard - Flag Raising Ceremony 7:15am at the Flagpole (Front of Building) presented by VFW Post 132
* Tickets for Raffle Prizes will be available after the Golf Events on the Road Runner Grill Patio & then also Before Dinner upstairs that night in the Vistas. (CASH OR CHECK ONLY) **All Proceeds from Ticket sales go to support the "Folds Of Honor"
* Burgers and Sonoran Dogs on the Road Runner Grill After Golf event; available for Purchase, a Portion of food sales will go to support "Folds Of Honor"
* Tickets for Dinner at 5pm available at the Admin Office; a portion of each ticket goes to support "Folds Of Honor"
* Live Music on the Driving range at 6pm; followed by FIREWORKS! at 7pm on the Range
* On November 9th : 100 Holes of Golf will be played by our PGA Golf Professionals - Donate to their cause; $1 a hole, $2 a hole OR any amount you can donate will be appreciated - Please email Head Golf Professional Troy Jewkes firstname.lastname@example.org to Donate
NICE SHOT HOLE IN ONE!!
Mr. Jack Otterson made a hole in one on 10/12/2020 on the SaddleBrooke course, hole #2. His shot was from 100 yards out using a Gap wedge. The shot was witnessed by John Camp, Jerry Wellington & Mike Odell. This is Jack's 2nd hole this year!! Nice Shot Jack!
Mr. Mark Oldham made a hole in one on 10/13/2020 on the SaddleBrooke course, hole #2. His shot was from 120 yards out using a 9 Iron. The shot was witnessed by Mark Aaron, Joe Botts & Ted Deschamp. This was Mark's VERY 1ST HOLE IN ONE EVER! Mark said the Sun was very bright that day, so he could not even tell if it landed on the green! Nice Shot Mark!
INSIDE THE GOLF SHOP
NEW for 2021 - Reva & B-21 Family of Clubs: Big Bertha Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids & Irons
DEMO DAY'S: NOVEMBER
If you need some new Golf Equipment for the upcoming season; we have some Great Options for you - Callaway, Cobra & Cleveland/Srixon will be At SaddleBrooke for Single Vendor Demo Day's - CLICK HERE for more information & how to sign up for an Appointment. ( All Fittings will be by appointment only)
ALL PUMA GOLF SHOES - Men's & Ladies Now 30% OFF!
ALL Men's Size Small Golf Gloves 25% OFF!
- Women who wear a size large glove can easily wear a Men's size small -
GOLF CLUB RAFFLE
We still Have One more Club to Raffle off in October - a Ladies Callaway Epic Flash 9 Fairway Wood;
Be sure to stop by and Enter for the next Raffle!
$5.00 per Ticket; NO Limits on number of tickets one can purchase!
CLICK HERE to Learn more details on the Raffle!!
Tee Time Changes/Chelsea Reminders
*For any changes in players for your group play or changes in tee times - PLEASE EMAIL THE PRO SHOP rather than calling in or making changes in person in the pro shop and creating a back up at the Counter.
**If you do not have a Chelsea number or need help understanding the Chelsea System; please visit the pro shop in the afternoon around 3:30pm - as the pro shop gets very busy during the morning & daytime hours this time of year, with membership renewals, checking in golfers & answering phone calls.
Email the Pro Shop at - email@example.com
CHELSEA POINTS / TEE TIMES REMINDERS
- If you play 9 holes or 18 holes Chelsea does not place you on the tee sheet according to how many holes you request to play. Chelsea works on average points for the group you are playing with ; it does not matter if you are a threesome or foursome - average number of points determines placement.
- And just like Golf: the lower the points the better the tee times
Please CLICK HERE to see the Chelsea point system Document
* The Lesson Tee *
All of our Golf Instructors are certified PGA Teaching Professionals
Head Golf Professional - Troy Jewkes, PGA
Assistant Golf Professional - Jane Chanik, PGA
Golf Professional - Jay Synkelma, PGA
-PRIVATE GOLF LESSON INFORMATION-
Want to take your game to the next level? Need the advice of a professional? All of the SaddleBrooke One PGA Golf Professionals are available for Individual, Couples or Group golf instruction. Please click the PGA logo below or see the Golf Shop for more information:
For the first time, you can fly over all 27 holes above our three courses. Check out the videos below for a bird's-eye view of SaddleBrooke.
Recently renovated in 2011, the Tucson Nine is regarded as the most challenging of the three courses in SaddleBrooke. The course offers stunning views of the Catalina Mountain range from every hole. This nine is highlighted by hole #4, a strong par 4 requiring a tee shot over a pond to a sloping fairway with gorgeous mountain views in the background. The course challenge lies in the deep bunkers which await an errant shot and the length of the course.
Recently renovated in 2010, the SaddleBrooke Nine offers westward views of spectacular sunsets. This course is characterized not by length but rather by placing a premium on accuracy as is evidence by the signature hole #2 – only 125 yards in length requiring all carry over a pond. The SaddleBrooke Nine is the most requested nine for its fair yet challenging layout.
The newest of all three nines, the Catalina course was recently renovated in 2012. The course features three par 3 holes and plays to a par of 35. The course wanders through natural arroyos and brings the golfer close up views of the Catalina Mountain range. The signature hole #5 is a risk-reward par 5 featuring a second shot which must carry 250 yards to clear the ditch in the fairway. The Catalina Nine offers a wide variety of golf shots and is regarded among residents as the best layout of the three courses.
October 23rd, 2020
Tucson and Main Putting Greens Open on Monday
Tucson Bunker Project Update
Divot Mix Reminders
Cart Traffic Update
Signs have been placed around the practice facilities to remind everyone about social distancing while using these areas.
In an continuing effort to adjust to the current situation regarding the COVID-19 Virus, temporary adjustments have been made to golf procedures. These are in place to maintain community safety while continuing to offer the ability to utilize the golf courses here at SaddleBrooke One.
Divot Mix Reminders
Sand and Seed Mix
-Available in all of the small boxes
-Should be used in all fairway and tee divots only
-Remember to carry your divot bottle with you to the fairway
-Available in all large concrete boxes
-Available in the round containers by the bathrooms on SaddleBrooke and Catalina
-Should be used to fill divots in the rough
2020 Overseeding Schedule
The dates and courses are set for the 2020 overseeding schedule.
Tucson Course Opens on Monday, October 23rd
#3 Fairway on the Tucson Course
What to expect when Tucson Re-opens next week:
- Cart Path Only to allow the new Ryegrass adequate time to establish prior to regular cart traffic
-You will notice that Tucson has more thin Ryegrass spots than the other two courses when they re-opened. This is due to the cooler night time temperatures while growing in Tucson.
- Soft conditions due to the frequent irrigation required for Ryegrass establishment.
- Higher than normal mowing heights as the Ryegrass continues it's establishment process. Mowing heights will be adjusted as the new Ryegrass matures.
- Slower than normal green speeds due to a higher height of cut in preparation for cooler temperatures. Green speeds will increase with cooler weather and slower Bermuda growth.
Tucson Bunker Project
When Tucson re-opens from overseeding, the Tucson Bunker project will be complete. All of the bunkers on Tucson will be in play...sorry no more Ground Under Repair bunkers. All of the bunkers on all 3 golf courses have had new liner and sand installed the last 3 summers. The golf maintenance team appreciates everybody's patience while we completed this project. We hope you all enjoy the new sand in the bunkers.
Cart Traffic Update
At this point in time the golf courses will remain cart path only. It is our goal to get carts back out on the turf, as soon as the newly established ryegrass can handle some cart traffic. We encountered warmer than normal conditions while overseeding this year. This has caused the following:
-Wetter areas due to increased irrigation
-Slower germination on slopes and areas difficult to keep wet
-Increased Bermudagrass competition with the new Ryegrass
As we see some cooler temperatures in the near future, we are expecting these issues to improve, which will allow for cart traffic. Look for an email and video update next week regarding when carts will be allowed back on the courses. Thank you for your patience during this time.
Cart Path Only
Fall Walking Hours Now In Effect
Before 7:30 am
After 6 pm
-For your safety please follow all posted signage.
Golfers always have the right of way
Please walk on the paths, do not walk down fairways or across greens.
· All pets must be on a leash
· Please clean-up after your pets, the trash cans on the golf course are not to be used to dispose of pet waste.
· Please refer to the weekly walking schedule for additional course availability
Weekly Walking Schedule
Please click on the blue button for this week's schedule
Practice Facility Maintenance:
The Practice Facility is open for practice from the grass tee. Practice from the grass is based on turf conditions. The Practice Facility will close every Monday and Wednesday from 9:30am to 11:00am for maintenance. This includes the short game area.
Maintenance Hours: Monday 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Wednesday 9:30 am - 11:00 am